The Cathar faith is an ancient faith describing the spiritual quest that one should ascribe to walk through life, and on into the next life.
The Cathar faith existed long before the League, however it became so popular during the League Era it was sometimes called the ‘faith of the League’.
- Cycle of Resurrection
Cathar believe in the cycle of conditioned existence and suffering, which they try to break by elevating themselves to a higher state of enlightenment. Within the cycle one is reborn over and over, their spirit recycled on death and used for new life.
- Cost of Actions
Cathar believe that every action has a cost, born either by the one performing the action or by others. Because of this they seek to minimize the cost of their actions as much as possible, seeking the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
- The Noble Path
Through the finding of wisdom, by ethical conduct, and through concentration one can walk the noble path.
- Viewing reality as it is, not just as it appears to be
- Intention of renunciation, freedom and harmlessness
- Ethical conduct
- Speaking in a truthful and non-hurtful way
- Acting in a non-harmful way
- A non-harmful livelihood
- Making an effort to improve
- Awareness to see things for what they are with clear consciousness
- Being aware of the present reality within oneself, without any craving or aversion
- Correct meditation or concentration
- The practice of non-extremism
A path of moderation away from the extremes of self-indulgence and self-mortification
The Cathar have lay priests exclusively, they don’t maintain any specific organization. Historically many greedy people who believe more in power and money then spiritualism, have built temples for the Cathar faith. Luckily people object to the concept as Cathar is a personal spiritual quest. A few facilities do exist which maintain a place for people to live as lay monks in quiet retreats from the rest of the galaxy.