These are trade vessels without a fixed schedule and with flexible cargoes.
- Pioneer Class Freighter
- Outlander Class Deep Space Freighter
- Kiev Class Farhauler
- Anthem Class Light Star Freighter
- Dark Horse Class Free Trader
Commercial freight traffic vessels that deal in bulk goods, these vessels deal with transporting a large amount of goods between established trading ports.
- Titan Class Heavy Space Transport Vehicle
- Prosperity Class Heavy Star Freighter
- Ricardo Class LASH Freighter Carrier
- Betelgeuse Class Super Freighter
- Regulus Class Frontier Transport
These ships are much like cargo freighters in concept, however they make their money from transporting passengers rather then cargo.
- Endymion Class Translunar Cruise Ship
- Prospero Class Interplanetary Liner
- Empress Class Star Liner
- Xanadu Class Luxury Liner
These are interplanetary spacecraft which use economical means of transportation to carry goods that aren’t time sensitive for very low costs. Their low fuel use is almost non-existant giving them great endurance.
Yachts are medium or small craft owned by wealthy people or companies for personnel or business travel.
- Vega Class Executive Transport
- Maltese Falcon Class Yacht
- Taj Mahal Class Luxury Yacht
- Ulysses Class Frontier Yacht
These small spaceships are used to deliver important information or personnel rapidly between locations. Speed is key to these vessels and often they are massive sets of engines with small command compartments. While FTL communication exists and is fairly common on developed worlds, couriers specialize in less developed worlds and messages of the utmost secrecy.
Asteroids and comets are valuable supplies of resources, these resources require special spacecraft to make use of them.
- Nomad Class Catapult Ship
- Mosquito Class Volatile Miner
- Vredefort Class Asteroid Mine Station
- Wildcat Class Asteroid Prospector
- Klondike Class Mining Starship
- Pluto Class Ice Ship
- Rock Snake Mobile Industrial Colony
- Nugget Class Interstellar Prospector
Mining Gas giants takes special equipment and these craft are designed just for that.
Volatiles such as water, hydrogen, nitrogen, or helium 3 are vital resources and so need to be moved from place to place.
This type of ship carries everything required to establish a new colony or reinforce an old one. They are fairly rare in Star Sphere, as most habitable worlds tend to be settled already.
While no one has built any of these in hundreds of years at least, generation ships have been designed to travel between the stars at sublight speeds over multiple generations. Many rumors however speak of now ancient Generation ships, some even of these designs that are still travelling between the stars.
These were unmanned alternatives to seedships, it’s possible some have been used before and rumors certainly exist of ‘lost’ ships still wandering between the stars.
Prisons always bring issues: no one wants one near their house, prisoners could escape, they could bribe guards, they could others while in prison, etc. These haven’t really changed even with travel to the stars. One solution has been Prison ships, these ships can either hold the prisoners themselves or deliver them somewhere remote.